Saturday, June 14, 2008

The Wonder Years



It is so amazing how the mind of a two year old works and yet I don't think there is an adult alive that could remember being two. Jyly is constantly doing new and incredible things. Some days she takes me by surprise and I have to stop to think, when did she start doing that.


Speech therapy has been going great. We go every Tuesday morning. The first few weeks, Jyly would play but, she wouldn't talk. She would retain everything that Miss Charlotte taught her. Now that she has gotten comfortable, she participates and enjoys it.


It has been a long time since my last post which I apologize for. We enjoyed our visit with Auntie Renae and family but Jyly got croup as soon as we got to Dallas and it took a week after we got home for her to fully recover. I had forgotten what it was like to have a sick baby. It is so not fun! We ended the month on a good note by moving in to our new house. It's so nice to turn a corner and not bump into someone. Don't get me wrong, I have a close family but that was too close for comfort.


Today we went to visit a friend and Jyly got to meet Lulu. Lulu is a calf and I think she is about two months old. When the weather gets a little cooler, Jyly is going to do a little horseback riding.


Jeremy has to go to Houston once a month for work so we are going to make a family trip out of it this month. We are going to drive to San Antonio and go to Sea World and then spend the rest of the week relaxing by the pool at our hotel in Houston. I may have a busy schedule with lots of overtime but I love my one week off a month and I try to make the best of it.

2 comments:

Mala said...

Jyly can come horseback riding with Beck anytime she wants!
Glad to hear things are goinging well. She looks like she's growing quickly... more pictures! more pictures!!!!!
Any chance you can join us all in San Diego this weekend... pretty please!?????????

janiece said...

Oh she looks wonderful! I love the pictures. Alihan remembers her and gets excited when he sees Jyly.