Tuesday, January 8, 2008

What happened to the time?

Didn't I just put up that count down clock? It seems like just the other day it was 28 days until we travel. It seemed like such a long time but, I knew it would fly by. My sister asked me yesterday if I was all packed. Of course, Not! I haven't even got everything in that I ordered last week. So I procrastinated a little.
We didn't procrastinate on our visas but we still don't have them in hand. As soon as we had our travel dates we applied for the Kyrg visas. Those came back in no time. They believe in FedEx! Then we sent our passports and application to the Kazakhstan embassy via express mail. That's the only way they will accept them. We got confirmation that they were received. We found out today that they have not processed them yet because they have not received the letter of invitation. We were told we didn't need one. So, we are working on getting that resolved today so that they can "express mail" them back to us in time. OK, the stress level just went up! And I thought my biggest worry was the dry cleaners.
On a brighter note. I haven't got new pictures but, I have an update from Janiece. It seems Jyly still has a love for bananas and cookies. I bought banana puffs for the plane trip home.
In the past , I've asked everyone for good vibes to reach our goals and everyone has come through. I' m going to ask you to send those good vibes again so that we get our visas in time. I can live without the stuff I ordered but I can't travel without the visas. Thanks everyone!

4 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Prayers coming your way! We got our Visas the morning before we had to travel..it can be done!

Mala said...

Good vibes, good vibes. Didn't you know it was mandatory in IA to wait to the very last second to receive something critical? It's just another one of those tests.

Jackie said...

Lots of good vibes on the way!! I can't believe the time is almost here to get your girl. So many of us can't wait for Jyly to be home with you and your family.

Breathe...

Gen 's Family Story said...

We are praying those come in!! Like Hilary, our visas came the morning before we left. Mala has it right too, just another test!! Can't wait to see you with your little girl!!