Saturday, December 15, 2007

Up Up and Away

As you can see, the count down is on. We had a few changes in dates due to Embassy closures but it all works out. My sister Renae and I jet off to London on January 12th and arrive in Bishkek in the wee hours of the morning on the 14th. After a little bit of sleep at the Asia Mountain Guest House, we head to Tokmok to retrieve my little angel. We will spend the next few days bonding and doing the necessary stuff at the embassy in Bishkek. Then it's off to Almaty. We haven't heard many stories about pleasant rides and easy border crossings but it will be late at night and hopefully Jyly will sleep. In Almaty, we get Jyly's medical exam and finish all the immigration stuff. We make the long Journey home on the 20ith. I sure hope I can keep Jyly busy and quiet on the flight home. I will have toys, and DVDs and Bush's Rescue Remedy. I so can't wait to get her home!

7 comments:

janiece said...

HAHA--we'll see you there then!

Jackie said...

Yayyyy!!! The countdown makes it so official, doesn't it?

I am so HAPPY for you and can't wait until you have that girl home.

Mom to 2 Angels said...

Congrats on travel dates. I love the new ticker.

Ivy Lee said...

How exciting! We'll be there as well some of those days. Though we probably won't cross paths except if we run into each other at Asia Mountain, I'll be thinking of you and wishing you safe journey home.

idque said...

Congratualtions, you are almost there!!! Hey, what is Bush's Rescue Remedy??

Mala said...

YAY!! I can't wait for you to go get that beautiful little girl. I'm a big fan of Jyly! We would love to be part of your "welcome Home" party at the airport!
PS Beck and I were recently looking at photos and he clearly remembers (and is fond of) Jyly.

melanie said...

I am so excited for you. You know I will always have a soft spot for Jyly. Can't wait to see her thrive as part of your family.

I actually had a good ride to Almaty. I couldn't see the treacherous road from my seat in the van and Isabella loved the lights in the hills (steppes?) of Kaz, she was oohing and aahing, literally. It's a great memory, hope yours is the same.