Sunday, November 18, 2007

Things to be Thankful for....

This year, I am thankful for my court date. Yes, we have our court date and it is Thanksgiving day! As most of you know, the court date does not mean that it is over but, if you have been following our journey you will realize what a great victory this is for us. This has been an incredibly long 10 months for us and although we will still have about 6 weeks before we can travel, there is a light at the end of the tunnel. We just need to keep our fingers and toes crossed that everything goes off without any hitches in court.

A few of our Kyrg adoption friend's will be making their second trip to bring home their little ones over the next few weeks. They have all been so kind to offer to check on Jyly if they are allowed. Now they can tell her that Mama and Papa will be coming back for her soon. She won't really understand but, I will feel better. I hope that she still has the blanket that we made for her. If I didn't tell you before, we made a blanket with all of our pictures on it and put it on her bed during our last trip. In my heart I know that she doesn't understand all of this but, I have this dream of walking into her room and her running into my arms for a big hug as soon as she sees me. I can dream can't I?

Keep sending those good vibes and have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

Jackie said...

Marnie, I am so happy to read this news. What a wonderful Thanksgiving. Good vibes on the way!!

Hilary Marquis said...

Lots of prayers coming your way! You made me cry, I know how long this wait has been for all of you. I'll be she still has her blanket. Anara had hers, her lovey, and the baby photo album. Beck still had his quilt that Mala had made as well. This Thanksgiving is going to be very memorable in so many ways for so many people this year. God bless your family.

Jamie said...

I am so glad to hear that you have your court date! I am sure it will go off without a hitch! What a wonderful thing to be thankful for!