Thursday, November 29, 2007

Sweet Memories

As I sat folding laundry this morning, it reminded me of something that happened when my second child was born over 16 years ago. I know folding laundry wouldn't remind most people of giving birth but I promise, there is a correlation.

My oldest son was almost 4 when my second son was born. Up to that point, he was still my baby. It wasn't until I felt the difference between the skin on his hands and that of my newborn that I realized he wasn't a baby anymore. Well, he turned 20 yesterday.

So now the link to the laundry: I finally bought tee shirts and underwear for Jyly and laundered them before I packed them. As I was folding these tiny little panties, I realized just how small she is still and how it has been such a long time since we have had clothing that small in the house, much less a child that small. I can't wait to bring her home. Yet, we still haven't got travel dates.... Maybe tomorrow!

1 comment:

Renae said...

It's hard to believe that it's been 20 years! I remember that day so well. This will be just like re-living that day 20 years ago. Being with you to share the moment when you are presented with your daughter will be another unforgettable moment.