Sunday, November 11, 2007

Happy Birthday Baby!

Today is a bittersweet day. It's Jyly's second birthday and I am sure there was no cake to celebrate in her little orphanage room. Our friend's want to have a shower for me before I travel to bring Jyly home. I think we will just have a fabulous belated birthday, gotcha day, homecoming party when" We" get back.

On a much happier note, we should hear back on our request for a court date soon. Another family was about a week ahead of us with their request and their court date is tomorrow. I sure hope ours moves as fast. It looks like we won't be traveling in time for Christmas but it's alright. It would probably be overwhelming for her to come to a new country and a new family and then Christmas. She is going to be spoiled enough, don't give us another excuse!

Jeremy is already planning our first family trip for February. He wants to take the boys snowboarding in Ruidoso, NM. I told him that I thought Jyly was a little young to learn but if he was insistent I guess we could get her out on her first snowboard. No, I am just joking. She just started walking. I think we still need to work on the basics. Besides, we can have some real girl bonding time while the guys are on the slopes.

Cross your fingers and send us good vibes for a speedy court date! We need to get our little angel home.

2 comments:

Hilary Marquis said...

Happy Birthday, Jyly!!! Next year you'll be spending your special day with your forever family. I agree, when she gets home it will be time for a big bash, you'll have so much to celebrate :) Hang in there Mom and Dad, I know its hard to be apart, but this will be the last birthday you'll have to miss. Her caregivers love her and they'll take good care of her until you get there.

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday sweet Jyly!! I'm so glad you have some good news and I am sending all the good vibes I can muster.