Saturday, September 15, 2007

I'm a big girl now!




The day we found out about Jyly, she was 14 months old and we were supposed to have her home in just over a month. I was so excited that I rushed home and took the crib out of storage. Then I found the perfect bedding set and got busy putting it all together. Well, Jyly is now 22 months old and has outgrown the crib before she even got to sleep in it.


I had made up my mind to put away the crib and find a toddler bed after I saw the sleeping arrangements in the orphanage. Jeremy wanted this Dr. Suess looking bed from Ikea but getting to Ikea is a challenge and they wanted $300 to ship a $150.00 bed. I decided to try ebay and I found the perfect little bed from a company in PA. Now my little girl has a big girl bed waiting for her when she comes home.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Very cute. I'm sure she will love her new 'big girl' bed. I hope she gets to come home soon.

Hilary Marquis said...

Soon you'll be tucking her in and kissing her goodnight. What a wonderful Christmas you'll have this year!