Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Generosity from strangers

I got a call the other day from a clothing company that I sent a donation request letter to. I knew that they generally had some misprint product and I asked if they would be willing to donate what they couldn't sell. I thought that I would end up with a small box of clothes that I could check on the plane when I return to Kyrgyzstan. Imagine my surprise when the representative told me about the pallets of clothing that they were going through for us. They are even willing to arrange shipping. I never in my wildest dreams anticipated such a sizable donation. I hope that we can use a little PR to make others see what a difference this can make. We live in a society of perfection. We will throw away a perfectly good item just because the logo is upside down. These children don't care how it looks as long as it keeps them warm and comfortable. My next challenge is to find a shoe company that will make a donation.

1 comment:

TheHappyNeills said...

that is awesome! would you mind emailing me more about that?

congratulations on your precious gift!!!! my heart beats faster just reading about and seeing pictures of parents who are at the end of the process. we're just at the beginning. i stumbled across your blog perusing the internet.

kendra
www.neilladoption.blogspot.com
kendraneill(at)gmail(dot)com